Sigma 14mm untra wide angle on a Nikon D200

Nikonite1222

Hi There Everybody-

I am thinking of getting a Sigma 14mm untra wide angle lens, but I'm not sure if it can auto focus on a Nikon D200. I have tried to do some research and I'm not coming up with anything.

Does anybody out there know if it will auto focus on a D200 ????.

Thanks for your time !!

Sincerely- Doug

Mark E

I do not have this lens. But in general, focus of a wide angle lens is usually very easy. Anything past 4 or 5 feet are normally in focus. Wide angle lens only need focusing close in. usually 5 to 6 inches minimum, then past 4 or 5 feet everything will be in focus. Hope this helps.

LensWork

Yes, that lens will will AF on a D200. The D200 has an in-body focus motor so it will AF with any AF lens, be it screw-drive or AF-S type. I will also echo what the others have said, on a lens that wide, there really is very little focusing to worry about unless you are very close to your subject. Ultra-wide lenses have tremendous depth-of-field, so even wide-open, their DOF extends from a few feet to infinity.

Nikonite1222

Thanks to you all who responded. I learned that there isn't much focusing needed in something so wide. This will be my first wide angle so I don't want to spend a whole lot. I have seen HDR photos that were taken with wide angle and I think it really adds to the photo a nice touch and can expand one's composition. Thanks for the reply !!

Sincerely- Doug