Help - Wifi D3300 / Wu-1a adapter

bigst79

Hi guys,

I got this camera for christmas. It came with the Wu-1a adapter. I tried to connect my android phone to the camera, and it did briefly, but then it disconnected and reconnected to my home wifi. So I tried connecting to the camera far from my home, and now it's asking for a password to connect to the camera, which it initially did not. I didn't adjust any settings or play with anything that would make it start asking for a password. So the question is, how to I get the network connection for the camera back to "open" or how do I get the password so that I can connect to the camera?

Thanks,

Steve

Ladeef

I shouldn't need a password, just hit connect and it should connect through. I get the password dialouge sometimes too. Or you can just hit forget network and try it again.

RocketCowboy

I've set a password on mine, but that's something you can only do (as best I can tell) through the app ... so it wouldn't be accidental. Like Ladeef said, I've seen it prompt for password or fail my correct password at times, and is more of a connectivity issue than a true password issue.

One thing I've done with me iPhone when testing ... I'll have it forget my home wifi specifically so that it does not try to reconnect back when it detects that the Wu-1a does not provide Internet connectivity (which is usually what's happening). Leaving the phone no other choice, it will stay connected.