Assigning function to Fn button problem and issue

hossein1351

Hello,
in d7200 im unable to assign function to Fn button for both "press" and "press+command" if i want to add for second option automatically first function get off ! and massage showing "no function set for press" for all d7200 model is like that or just my camera is like that some other buttons also is same, like Pv.
Thanks

nickt

You can't do it. It is confusing how they split the menu into press and press+command categories. When I first got my d7100, I was confused by that. I also thought I could get two functions for one button, but it is not that way. Some functions that you may assign give a direct action. Other functions that you can assign require a further choice with the command wheel. In other words, some choices don't have immediate direct action, their assignment is to enable the command wheel to allow an adjustment.
I would have designed the menu for less confusion by putting all choices under one heading and describing certain choices differently. For instance, I would have choices like: 'enable command wheel to choose image area', 'enable command wheel to adjust active-d lighting',etc.

Danno

Hello,
in d7200 im unable to assign function to Fn button for both "press" and "press+command" if i want to add for second option automatically first function get off ! and massage showing "no function set for press" for all d7200 model is like that or just my camera is like that some other buttons also is same, like Pv.
Thanks

The way the menu is set up you have two lists of actions you can take. "Press" is the list that contains commands that require only one action to make the selection. "Press + Command" are options that require moving thru a list of options. If you think about it a bit it does make sense. The press would be required for both actions. That creates a conflict. So if you want to set the FN to something on the "Press" list the "Press + Command" must be off, or vise versa.

I looked in the manual when I was setting mine up but it was a bit confusing. The guide book I bought separately written by David Busch was easier because it broke the two commands out more clearly.

Hope that makes senses.