Please, I need a small favor.

Blacktop

Whenever someone has some time. could you please put the camera in Manual mode, select 1/4000th of a shutter speed and press the shutter.
Please do this with the first shot after turning on the cam.

Let me know how the shutter reacts please!

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Contributor
Was your ISO set high enough for the camera to achieve focus? Did it fail to fire?

Blacktop

I just did it with my D750 and the shutter seems fine. What were you looking for?

Thanks.
The shutter gets stuck usually after turning on the camera. Always the first shot. It actually acts as if it's in Mirror Up Mode.
Press the shutter, the mirror lifts and then nothing. I get an ERR on the LCD
Press the shutter again , the shutter closes. After that it works normally all day.

Tried different lenses, it's the same. There are a few threads I found on DPreview
D750 shutter got stuck with --Err-- error: Nikon FX SLR (DF, D1-D4, D600-D800) Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review

I'm going to update the firmware and see what happens, then send it back to Nikon.

Blacktop

I hope the firmware update solves the problem for you! It stinks to have to send your camera back for service.

WM

Just updated. Seems to be working fine after I turned on the camera. However I'll see in the morning . Usually it happens after the cam sits for a while. Then turn it on and it happens.
Unless it starts doing it a lot, I'm not going to send it back before the M&G. I've been looking forward to this a long while.

Blacktop

The good news is, that it's not happeing to a lot of people. I only found a few threads on it doing a Google search and nothing on youtube.
I did find that some of the the D7000 had the same problem.

cwgrizz

Challenge Team
I'm a newbie, what is M&G?

Meet and Greet Different members of the forum get together in different locations for photography outings. There is a sub forum in Off Topic (I think) called post your meet & greets or something like that. Anyway, that is where the dates and places are posted. There is one coming up in a month or so in Florida, if I remember correctly.

Whoops, I didn't see Blacktop's post. Anyway there is your answer. Ha!

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Contributor
How long have you had your D750? Did it always happen, or did it start after a period of time? Do you remember the approximate number of shutter actuations when it began? Do you shoot a lot of high speed continuous shots? Thanks for any info. Need to keep watch of my own as I don't have a lot of actuations on it.

J-see

I had the err error quite early after buying it (there's a post about it in the D750 section). I still don't know for sure what was the cause but I got maybe 30k shots by now and it never occurred again.

Blacktop

How long have you had your D750? Did it always happen, or did it start after a period of time? Do you remember the approximate number of shutter actuations when it began? Do you shoot a lot of high speed continuous shots? Thanks for any info. Need to keep watch of my own as I don't have a lot of actuations on it.

I bought the cam in July of this year.
It just started a week or so ago.
It has 7456 clicks on it now, so it started a few hundred shots ago.
Yes, lately I'm shooting a lot of BIF with it. (I don't spray and pray, but do short bursts of 3-4 shots.)

Update.
After updating to the latest firmware and having it sit over night, it did not get stuck on the first shot like before.
This is a good sign. If it does do it again however, it is going back to Nikon.

Blacktop

The shutter just completely failed this morning. Pictures coming in a few. I will be making a new thread in this forum about it in a few minutes, as soon as I upload the shots.