shopping for a 750 ... price ?

JMHPhotography

So I am have been researching the 750 and I am thinking this is my next purchase digitaloutlets.net shows it for 1150 which is a great price but I always fear that saying if its to good to be true?

Anyone ever purchased from them.

Thanks in advance

Jeannette

Seems like I have seen them asked about here before and the results were not good. Do a search for them here in the forum and then do a search in Google for them with the word complaints after it. See what that brings up. I would check but am in my phone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

donaldjledet

It could be a grey market camera. So no nikon usa warranty. I bought mine grey market and no problems what so ever.
But most people want that nikon 1 year warranty.

Horoscope Fish

I bought my current D750 from Digital Outlets and I had a very good buying experience. They *definitely* sell grey market kit so you need to be sure you understand what it is you're getting, and what you're NOT getting, before you buy.

That being said, I have bought a lot of gray market gear and never had any reason to regret doing so.

Whiskeyman

Not to discount Horoscope Fish's satisfaction, but use a net search engine (Google...) to search for reviews of digitaloutlets.net. After you do your homework, let us know what you decide.

Good luck with getting the D750; it's first on my list of "digital camera body wants"!

WM

JMHPhotography

Well I did do my research and with a purchase like this I don't want to chance it. I have a grey market lens that I have never had an issue with... so far lol. But I think I will wait it out till after christmas and go with Adorama or B&H. I am not in a rush for it as I just got my 600 back from Nikon with a sensor replacement.

Thanks again everyone for your advice

Jeannette

I am pretty much the same way. Lenses I think I can be happy with Grey market but cameras are a different story. I think instances like people had with the D600 show the need for a good warranty program

Horoscope Fish

It was pretty much a debacle in the beginning and middle but they did finally repair or replace the problem ones. Did they do that for the Grey Market ones though?
Well when you buy grey the warranty is handled by the seller, not the manufacturer. No promises are made so I don't ask Nikon to repair my grey market kit. Plenty of independent repair places around here that are happy to handle my repairs.

Nikon though, provided a written warranty for the D600 but refused to stand behind it for two... full... years. There was denial, fake repairs and finally a class action lawsuit before Nikon manned up and did what was right. I simply don't call that a good warranty program.