Oil paint filter issues with OS X El Capitan 10.11.2 update

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
I'm pretty upset... I'm mad. I just noticed that my Photoshop CC 2016 Oil paint filter got grayed out after Mac OS updated itself to 10.11.2 version... Seems I can't check the Open CL box anymore in PS's preference panel...

Now I wonder, am I the only one who got this result after updating El Capitan's?

Eduard

Super Mod
Staff member
Super Mod
Now I wonder, am I the only one who got this result after updating El Capitan's?

Works for me.

Screen Shot 2015-12-19 at 8.56.57 PM.jpg

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
The filter was available for about a week or two and today it just wasn't there. I've been lurking in all forums, Adobe, Apple and I just run around with no answer to solve my situation...

Eduard

Super Mod
Staff member
Super Mod
Now I'm jealous... No, not jealous, but I certainly would like to find out why it stopped working after my latest El Capitan to 10.11.2 version update. Maybe if you could share with me your video card preference under PS preference performance.

Here you go:

Screen Shot 2015-12-19 at 10.28.56 PM.jpg

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod

Thanks Eduard. But on my iMac, the box "use open CL" is greyed out. And I know the filter was available maybe two weeks ago before the 10.11.2 update.
Can't figure out what's happening. I've read about the "Metal" software that Apple now uses is supposed to replace open GL and Open CL, but maybe Adobe are not up to speed with it yet.
Everything else works fine but being stubborn and determined as I am, I want the filter to work, period.

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Well, after a few hours of playing around I got it back. Seems I had to uncheck the "Anti-alias guides and paths" before I was able to check the "Use Open CL" box... And then I checked the "Anti-alias guides & paths" and the filter came back to life.

Thanks Eduard for sharing your screen shots.

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Well, I'm back to square one. The Oil paint filter is greyed out again today... It's also greyed out in the CC preference set-up box. I guess I'll be looking at different Adobe help forums and will try to figure out what the heck is the culprit.