3 new 1inch sensor cameras

Rick M

Glad they are using the Cx more widely. Rumors has nothing new on the mirrorless front for 2016, Nikon continues to dig it's own grave!

mikew_RIP

Glad they are using the Cx more widely. Rumors has nothing new on the mirrorless front for 2016, Nikon continues to dig it's own grave!

Not too sure your right there,the demand may be growing but its possibly not at a financially viable point yet.

mikew_RIP

How is the ISO quality on those things? Can you push it past ISO 1600 without too much of a problem? How about AF-C and tracking?

Obviously unknown as they have not been launched,the answer will probably be the same restrictions as most of that type,none of these are replace all units,in my mind they are like having different lenses/bodies for different jobs.

Blacktop

Obviously unknown as they have not been launched,the answer will probably be the same restrictions as most of that type,none of these are replace all units,in my mind they are like having different lenses/bodies for different jobs.

I was asking generally about the mirrorless cameras. Not that I'm thinking about switching, just curious.

mikew_RIP

I was asking generally about the mirrorless cameras. Not that I'm thinking about switching, just curious.

In general mirrorless cameras still fall way short for birding,they can do a very good job on static subjects but until they find a way of giving you continues or near continues viewing moving subjects they will at best be guess work at worst next to impossible,i ask a guy on flickre how he got a great shot of a BIF with a V2 as i normally just get tail feathers,his answer was pure luck he normally only gets tail feathers.

Rick M

Actually the V2 is pretty good with BIF, but not great. The Nikon V series is great, that's why I can't understand why they just don't make it bigger. Mirrorless in general is not as good for tracking. Oly is improving it and a recent download significantly improved the EM-1. I'm thinking the new EM-2 this year will continue to close the gap, I think Nikon could too. It can be done, songbirds are a challenge with any system :)

P1240115.jpg

P2010029.jpg

P2280042-2_01.JPG

P2280049_01.JPG