Focusing with a self portrait, need help please

Nikonite1222

Hi There Everybody-

I am playing with an off camera flash and the timer option here so I can take a self portrait, but I am having some focusing trouble.

Can anybody tell me what I can do to get a sharp picture, I am getting frustrated and since nobody is home today with me,,I have to rely on the self timer.

I am using a box that is placed right where my head is and focusing on that then sitting in the same spot to take the picture and it comes out blurt every time.

Can somebody also tell me how to use the focus lock as well,,I thik that might help,,,but i have never had to use it before.

I have attached one of the images for your consideration. let me know if you need anything further.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Sincerely- Doug

DSC_2722.JPG

FoxRacer2

What lens and what focal length are you at in that picture?

Also, do you have a remote, if so put it on 2 second remote, its worked for me when I did self portraits

I think when you do self timer it doesnt focus for you, but don't quote me on that...oh and also, try putting something in place of where your going to stand, and focus on that, then remove it and stand there, that might also help.

Nikonite1222

Anthony- If you don't mind me asking,,,how did you take your self portrait that you use as your profile pic here? I like the effect and would like to practice on achieving that..

Sincerely- Doug

Last edited by a moderator: