Multiple Exposure, option not available in current settings

Eob

I just got a d7100, and was looking forward to trying out the in-camera multiple exposure feature. In the menu, it stays grey and says option not available in current settings. I've tried changing a few things, but haven't been able to fix it. I tried changing to single shot mode, aperture priority, changed from raw to jpeg, metering to auto...I forget what else. What am I doing wrong? I also see that HDR is also disabled, if that helps. Thanks!

cwgrizz

Challenge Team
@Eob Not sure what shooting mode you are in, but you need to be in P,S,A or M to use the multiple exposure. Also you cannot be in Live View either. Even though I have a D7100, I have not tried multiple exposures, but this info is found on page 141 in the manual.

Eob

@Eob Not sure what shooting mode you are in, but you need to be in P,S,A or M to use the multiple exposure. Also you cannot be in Live View either. Even though I have a D7100, I have not tried multiple exposures, but this info is found on page 141 in the manual.

Thanks. I read the section in the manual, and it did not help. It only mentioned that it will be disabled in live view, which I'm not using. I tried p s a and m, none worked

Eob

I just found the answer in another forum...looks like I had been messing around with the bracketing and it needed to be turned off to do multiple exposures. Whoops!