Project 52 for 2016

Moab Man

I'm bringing a new photographer (first dslr) into the fold. I am going to try and get her active on here. In doing so I am going to encourage her to do a 365 as I believe this is the best/fastest way to learn both your camera and photography. For this reason I will plan on doing a 365.

Horoscope Fish

I can't believe what a learning experience doing a 365 has been.

In large part doing My 365 Thing (as I call it) has been an exercise in self-discipline. There have been many days I simply did NOT feel like doing anything photography-related; but I had to. I had to force myself to get the camera and take some shots. Furthermore, I told myself at the start of this project that if I decide to do this, I am going to do it to the best of my ability and no shot would be posted that was not a true and intentional shot. So while I admit there were days I felt I "phoned in" a shot, those days were few and far between. On days where my enthusiasm was low what I found would happen, once I got the camera to my face and started working a shot, was that I would quickly fall back into The Zone. The initial resistance would just... evaporate... and next thing I knew I was having fun and, as often as not, I came away with a shot I at least happy with, if not outright proud of. But I had to get the camera to my face first and often, that was the hardest part of all.

Doing a 365 has, at times, been some serious work for me, but the payoff has been enormous. Highly, highly recommended.

paul04

I had to give up the 52 in 2015, Had few busy months in work, also going to work in the dark at 6.30am, and arriving home at 5.30pm in the dark, so photography has taken a back seat for a while.

now finally long weekend off work, so today I managed to get out with the camera.

weebee

I, for some reason, prefer the 365 over the project 52. Granted the last few months I have been very busy and some shots weren't the greatest. But it drives me to try to be creative.

cwgrizz

Challenge Team
I think I am in for a 52 N 2016. I have "tried" to complete the 52 N 2015, but the last few weeks to complete this have been tough (Maybe I have just gotten lazy). I tried to take care of the hard themes first and leave the ones I felt would be easier to the end. In all honesty, it didn't work out that way. Ha! Overall, I have had fun doing it and it has made me think outside of the box and to plan. I feel it has helped me, but that will be for others to decide. Ha!!

For those wanting to do it and wanting a new list, start putting topics together. Maybe a new thread for suggestions would be appropriate. More than 52 topics/themes would be great and people could hand pick what they wanted or change and add as desired. As in 2015, each person could set their own guidelines to follow. It could be as restrictive as the person wants. I feel it is a tool for the fun of improving photography skills.

Boy, did I get wound up. Ha! Just to add to this, the 365 is probably more than I would care to attempt at this point. I don't get out much. LOL

nikonpup

there are almost enough "post your" to do a project 52. If a member who started a thread without "post your" in the title
would change their title thread there should be enough to cover the contest for 52 weeks. A standard list with limited substitutions imo would easier to judge at the end of the year.

cwgrizz

Challenge Team
... A standard list with limited substitutions imo would easier to judge at the end of the year.

I wasn't doing it to be judged. I am under the impression that it is just something that is a self imposed challenge. After all at the beginning, we set our own specifics to the guidelines we were going to use.

In 2016 are we going to try to standardize it for some kind of judging?

Just trying, in my own mind, to see where this is going for 2016.

mikew_RIP

There is nothing to judge in a 52,i just look at the images each day, its for the member involved to decide if he has completed it at the end of the year,or thats the way i thought of it.

nikonpup

JUDGING WAS THE WRONG WORD. MEMBERS WHERE TO POST 52 PROJECTS LIST, THEN POST A PICTURE EACH WEEK PER THEIR LIST. SO, DID THE MEMBERS
POST A PICTURES A WEEK AND WHERE THE PHOTOS PER THEIR LIST. SEE: "52 PHOTOS IN 2015 PROJECT" POSTED BY traceyjj.
IF I REMEMBER THERE WAS GOING TO BE A $50 GIFT CARD FOR THOSE WHO COMPLETED THE PROJECT. THERE LOOKS LIKE MAYBE 10 PEOPLE MAYBE HAVE ENOUGH
POSTS TO QUALIFY. IS THIS ON THE HONOR SYSTEM OR IS SOMEONE GOING TO CHECK?

mikew_RIP

JUDGING WAS THE WRONG WORD. MEMBERS WHERE TO POST 52 PROJECTS LIST, THEN POST A PICTURE EACH WEEK PER THEIR LIST. SO, DID THE MEMBERS
POST A PICTURES A WEEK AND WHERE THE PHOTOS PER THEIR LIST. SEE: "52 PHOTOS IN 2015 PROJECT" POSTED BY traceyjj.
IF I REMEMBER THERE WAS GOING TO BE A $50 GIFT CARD FOR THOSE WHO COMPLETED THE PROJECT. THERE LOOKS LIKE MAYBE 10 PEOPLE MAYBE HAVE ENOUGH
POSTS TO QUALIFY. IS THIS ON THE HONOR SYSTEM OR IS SOMEONE GOING TO CHECK?

Must have missed the gift card bit,thought it was just a self challenge,dont think many will have posted each week,i for one allowed myself to post as and when i got the subject,my aim was to get the 52 in a year and i achieved that.

cwgrizz

Challenge Team
Must have missed the gift card bit,thought it was just a self challenge,dont think many will have posted each week,i for one allowed myself to post as and when i got the subject,my aim was to get the 52 in a year and i achieved that.
The Gift card that I knew of, was for the 365. Nothing for the 52. The 52 was just for a self imposed challenge for the satisfaction of each person who met their goal. Each person could use their own list and their own guidelines. Some decided to be more "strict" with their guidelines than others. Now saying all of that, I will happily take a Gift Card if someone wants to give me one. Ha!! I just checked and I have one more photo to go for my goal. Three topics left, so I must have switched out two. That was in the parameters that I set. Woohoo!

mikew_RIP

The Gift card that I knew of, was for the 365. Nothing for the 52. The 52 was just for a self imposed challenge for the satisfaction of each person who met their goal. Each person could use their own list and their own guidelines. Some decided to be more "strict" with their guidelines than others. Now saying all of that, I will happily take a Gift Card if someone wants to give me one. Ha!! I just checked and I have one more photo to go for my goal. Three topics left, so I must have switched out two. That was in the parameters that I set. Woohoo!

Yes i switched some but nowhere near what i allowed myself,i had no chance of posting and taking on a weekly basis as a few where only available from a nature reserve i only get to once a year.

Kevin H

2016 I'll challenge myself to 52 birds again but must be taken that week ::what::

1 Bird every week different species :encouragement: