Strange lights!!

nikonjim

I recently took some shots in HD with my polariser filter on. I now have a few shots with really strange lights in the sky, like Aurora Borealis, but I can't seem to get rid of them in Photoshop.Any suggestions??
Jim

Attachments

• 2015 10 16_Skye jaunt Oct 2015_1798b.jpg
    2015 10 16_Skye jaunt Oct 2015_1798b.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 120

Horoscope Fish

I recently took some shots in HD with my polariser filter on. I now have a few shots with really strange lights in the sky, like Aurora Borealis, but I can't seem to get rid of them in Photoshop. Any suggestions??
I'm not sure what you mean when you say you "took some shots in HD", do you mean you wanted to do some HDR? In any case, I have to wonder if your polarizing filter isn't causing the issue. What specific make and model filter do you have?

As for correcting the obvious problem? Hmmmmm... You could *try* selecting the sky, or selecting the foreground and inverting the selection, and then laying down a blur filter. I have no idea, in all honesty, how well that would work but it's something to try. I wish you good luck!

I recently took some shots in HD with my polariser filter on. I now have a few shots with really strange lights in the sky, like Aurora Borealis, but I can't seem to get rid of them in Photoshop.Any suggestions??
Jim

Since the EXIF does not show could you give us the specifics of the shot? Like the camera model, lens and shutter speed, aperture, ISO and yes, the brand of CPL that you used.