Customizing and Printing Wall Calendars

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
After searching the forum, I didn't see a thread dedicated to various companies that print wall calendars.

What company have you used for printing wall calendars? Please feel free to add any specific info on a company you've used. Here are some suggestions of info to include:

1. Is it printed on card stock or heavy paper?
2. Spiral bound or stapled?
3. Are they customizable for birthdays/anniversaries, etc. or to add various holidays?
4. Can photos be added to individual dates--if so, is there an extra fee involved?
5. Can the monthly image be printed to cover the entire page, or are there templates that need to be used where photos are inserted?
6. Your overall impression of the quality you received for the price paid.
7. Ease of using their web site to customize your calendar.

If there are any other good suggestions of info to ask about, please let me know and I will edit this post. Thanks!

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
After looking at a number of sites for printing calendars, I think I will try Costco's next fall. I want to do a fund raising project for my church so over the course of the next year, I will take several photos and compile a 2017 wall calendar. Their price for an 8.5"x11" calendar is $8.99. From the looks of it, I can also add photos or text to individual dates throughout the year which is a feature I wanted.

Calendars, Personalized Desktop Calendars, Custom Sports Calendars | Costco Photo Center

I know there is an annual membership fee, but I've heard good things about Costco. Has anyone ever made calendars through them?

cwgrizz

Challenge Team
I will say that is a pretty good price from what I have seen. My daughter does a calendar each year for Christmas gifts (G'kids Photos). They seem to be what you are describing from Costco, but are about 2X the price. $16-$17 each. They are good card stock and spiral bound 8 1/2 x 11.

Scott Murray

I use Vista Print and have printed around 200 so far and they are fast and great quality. The furthest I have sent one is Japan, they won a FB competition and I am looking forward to hearing about the Japanese children after they see the images of where I live.

cwgrizz

Challenge Team
Just to add to what I previously said about Walmart, they have different templates for one or more photo per page, you can also add photos to individual dates and customize the dates with names, etc. They are pretty good for the price. Walmart also offers various sizes and designs.

If you have some questions about Costco or any other company you are looking at, you might do one sample (kids photos, dogs, etc.), to see what quality you get for the price, before doing a bunch. Ha!

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Just to add to what I previously said about Walmart, they have different templates for one or more photo per page, you can also add photos to individual dates and customize the dates with names, etc. They are pretty good for the price. Walmart also offers various sizes and designs.

If you have some questions about Costco or any other company you are looking at, you might do one sample (kids photos, dogs, etc.), to see what quality you get for the price, before doing a bunch. Ha!

I am definitely going to try Costco first simply because I've heard good things about their prints plus their prices are phenomenal! Yes, I'd only print one first. :)

Walmart's calendars are $3 more than Costco's. Wish I had looked Costco three years ago. I make 20"x30" posters for the local high school's drama department, and I've been donating one for each production. I've easily made a dozen at $20 each. Costco charges half what Walmart charges, and I believe both places use the same printing machine. We don't have a Costco locally (nearest is at least a 30 minute ride away) although one is supposed to be built in New Jersey about 15 minutes away. That would be nice. ;)