Singapore Celebrates SG50 - 2015 Timelapse / Hyperlapse

pettypoh

Singapore '2015 Timelapse/Hyperlapse - Singapore Celebrates SG50

In 2012, my first Singapore timelapse/hyperlapse video showcased various places of interests
In 2013, the video was a feature on the newly opened Gardens by the Bay
In 2014, I made an attempt to create a night-time-only timelapse/hyperlapse video

2015 is a special year for Singapore, a year of SG50 celebrations for everyone.

This video features people, places (the heartlands, the city, the attractions), and some of the events and celebrations that took place throughout the year.

In preparation for this video, special thanks to my friends from Minsk, Belarus -- zweizwei and dimid for their tips and advice on timelapse and hyperlapse photography. I was truly privileged to see them at work.
Videos by zweizwei - vimeo.com/zweizwei
Videos by dimid - vimeo.com/user1232595

Also, many thanks to Mr Theodore from CIAP Architects ciap.sg for allowing me special use of his office for a few timelapse scenes.

Thanks to my friends from video production companies for the opportunities to shoot and learn together with them and also to the local clubsnap forum clubsnap.com for providing a very supportive and helpful online platform for me to learn about photo-and-video tools and techniques and last but not least to the local instagram community, InstaSG instagram.com/instasg for having me along for several events.

Unfortunately, my application for the official SG50 celebrations grant wasn't successful. It would have allowed me to access several prominent locations and capture many more unique and interesting timelapse and hyperlapse scenes to include into this video and share with everyone.

Behind the scenes photos are available on instagram via #sg50timelapse

Instagram - pettypoh13
Twitter - pettypoh
Facebook - pettypoh

Music - "Dance" by Tim Halperin

Last edited:

nikonpup

i liked it. I LIKE IT EVEN MORE WHEN I CLICKED ON THE 500PX LINK. WONDERFUL, THANKS FOR POSTING.

Last edited:

Moab Man

Amazing job! Many videos like this, particularly when I see one this long, I exit before it finishes. This one held my interest the whole way through. Really made me want to travel and see these places. Should be a Singapore tourism video.

pettypoh

thank you [MENTION=11881]Moab Man[/MENTION] - great pleasure to have completed this video, and ur kind words are truly encouraging