Learning the D750

eastside

I have the 750 set up for monochrome, 51 points, AF illumination ON, matrix metering ON, center-weighted area at 12. And I have the 750 set up in the manual mode which is what I prefer.

When I press the shutter release 1/2 way I do not see the 51 points in the viewfinder. But I do see the red line that surrounds the 51 points that I expected to see inside the red lined box; and I also see a set of grid lines in red. Moreover inside the red lined box is a small red square that is just inside the right side of the red lined box.

I prefer to shoot with the spot meter or, at most, center-weighted. I expected to see the small red box in the middle of the red lined box and not off to the right side.

How do I set up the camera so that I will see the 51 points, or any points for that matter, inside the red lined box?

mikew_RIP

From what you have said it sounds like you have moved the focus point with the command dial,press the OK button and the focus point should go back to the center.

BackdoorArts

What you see when you press the shutter button will depend on the focus mode you're using and the number of points selected. You'll never see all 51 unless you're using Auto as your number of points and focusing on a flat plane. Otherwise you'll see only the points that have focus locked.