Having a problem adding links to posts

mikew_RIP

If i put a link in a post then try to type after it what i type shows in link form,if i try to add two links to one post the first link is still in the system when i try to past the second.
This happened in windows 8 and is still the same on 10

wev

Contributor
I think someone has been fiddling with the forum code again -- I have had all sorts of weirdness happen trying to open pages and doing simple posts.

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
@mikew - try clicking on the link with the red x (unlink) after you add the link, then continue typing. That's worked for me in the past.

Horoscope Fish

If i put a link in a post then try to type after it what i type shows in link form,if i try to add two links to one post the first link is still in the system when i try to past the second.
This happened in windows 8 and is still the same on 10
You might find it helpful to switch Editor Modes using the button on the far left of the editing toolbar when typing up a post; the button will show a pop up that says, "Switch Editor to WYSIWYG Mode" if you hover your cursor on it.

If you're adding links and type inside the tags by mistake, you'll get this: ...ts.html"]Link to Mike's Post. Unrelated text.

Instead of this:
Link to Mike's Post. Unrelated text.