Are metal prints worth the money?

tea2085

Just about to place an order to Nations-seem to be quite expensive (and I missed the deals) and would feel better with some feed back. Paul

Rick M

I like the floating on the wall look without a frame. If you like that, it saves the money you would have spent on a frame.

RON_RIP

I can see the savings although I think that the metal prints are better suited to highly saturated photos and wall floats certainly fit in to more decors. I no longer mat and frame except as requested by my customers. No matter what frame you pick, some one will not like it. I am experimenting now with printing my photos, having them mounted on black foam board, spraying them with a uv inhibitor and adding a french cleat to the back for displaying on the wall. We will see how that goes. The same print can still be framed if the customer prefers it.

Moab Man

For some of my clients it is well worth it. Those clients are car guys that love their car and I explain how they can put this picture in their garage environment and it's not effected like photograph paper. I also explain how it can be wiped down, something you couldn't do with a gatorboard print.

The short answer is, maybe. Depending on the client.

RON_RIP

Interesting Idea Ron!
Thanks Rick. Of course the spray will not give the same protection as Conservation or Museum glass but in low light conditions I think the will hold up quite well. I am also gluing a 1/4 inch piece of plywood to the back of the photo foam board to stiffen the foam board, which has a tendency to bow. I will post a picture on my Round Tuit thread as soon as I complete the project.

RON_RIP

You have hit on it exactly George. I am sure that car buffs would love such prints. I just had an acrylic print made that follows the same philosophy, but I don't think they will fair as well in harsh environments, but the to seem to work better with highly saturated photos.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bill16

If we are talking about the same thing, I like to print my macros with it! I would still like to get them framed, though I just set them up for now!lol:)