Do you think this is fake?

jengajoh

I got this email (from my mom) with the picture and I am wondering if anyone thinks its Photoshopped or not.

Our tax dollars at work!This picture is worth a trillion $$
Error! Filename not specified.

House Minority Leader Lawrence F. Cafero Jr., R-Norwalk, pictured standing, far right, speaks while colleagues Rep. Barbara Lambert, D-Milford and Rep. Jack F. Hennessy, D-Bridgeport, play solitaire Monday night as the House convened to vote on a new budget. (AP)

The guy sitting in the row in front of these two....he's on Facebook, and the guy behind Hennessy is checking out the baseball scores.

These are the folks that couldn't get the budget out by Oct. 1, and are about to control your health care, cap and trade, and the list goes on and on
Should we buy them larger screen computers - or - a ticket home, permanently?

This is one of their 3-DAY WORK WEEKS that we all pay for (salary is about $179,000 per year).

Thispict.jpg

Browncoat

The photo is real, I've looked it up before in the AP archives. AP photographers (unlike its journalists) are held to a pretty high standard, and no Photoshopping is allowed. However, this is not the US Congress.

House Minority Leader Lawrence F. Cafero Jr., R-Norwalk, pictured standing, far right, speaks while colleagues Rep. Barbara Lambert, D-Milford and Rep. Jack F. Hennessy, D-Bridgeport, play solitaire Monday night as the House convened to vote on a new budget. (AP)

This tagline is not complete. It should continue to read: ...on a new budget for the fiscal year in the Capitol, in Hartford, Conn.

The photo was taken in 2009 at the Connecticut House of Representatives. Anyone who's actually been to US Capitol in Washington DC will instantly recognize that this is not the floor of the House.

fotojack

Still doesn't change the fact that they're wasting your tax payer dollars by playing games on their computers, while they'
re supposed to be conducting tax payer business! They probably do the same thing here in Canada! lol Gawd I hate all politicians!

Browncoat

Actually, I wish more of them wasted time playing solitaire on the computer. Then they wouldn't be spouting off stupid ideas and wasting even more tax dollars...or worse, giving themselves another pay increase.