Profiles for Camera and Lens are a Pain

Scrayen

I am trying Zoner Photo Studio (ZPS) 18. To add a profile I must do this:
Select the photos(s)
Click the Add Profile button
Drill down the menu to find the camera profile file
It opens a folder with many .dcp files which are the profile files.
I must manually select the proper (profile) file based on camera orientation, neutral, flat, vivid, etc.

Do any of the other image organizers use metadata to automatically make this selection based on metadata?

The Zoner Photo Studio lens profile method is even worse. The database does not even have my TAMRON 150-600mm lens listed. The only available method is to manually enter the profile for each and every picture at each and every focal length then save it for the next time. But it is riduculous for their customers to each save hundreds of profiles for portrait mode at each focal length, then again for landscape mode at each focal length, etc. Again, is it more automated with any other image organizer?

Corel has an organizer but has anyone used the camera and lens profiles? Anyone use Corel?

Adobe Lightroom is my last choice because their subscription payment plan turns me off. I know they are going to raise prices after everyone has a zillion images with layers unreadable by any other program.

Last edited:

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Contributor
Adobe Lightroom is my last choice because their subscription payment plan turns me off. I know they are going to raise prices after everyone has a zillion images with layers unreadable by any other program.

Then go buy a stand alone copy of Lighroom 6. It's going for $142.99 right now. Upgrades generally cost less than the initial purchase.

Lightroom adds them automatically when you import the photos into it if you have it set up correctly. Had never heard of Zoner Photo but Lightroom is only about $50 more for the standalone. Does Zoner Photo also catalogue all your photos?