Viewfinder Issue maybe????

Welshy74

Today I was shooting and there was some rain which got on my viewfinder. I used a lens cloth to wipe it off but it now looks if I have wiped a coating off??? Before there was what looked like a purple tinge/coating on the view finder but now looks removed around the centre where I wiped with the cloth.Any ideas what I have done or can this be repaired???

mikew_RIP

Sounds more like you have wiped something on to it,dont want you to try this with out checking if its safe but i would try a glasses cleaning tissue,its not like its a lens.

Scott Murray

Today I was shooting and there was some rain which got on my viewfinder. I used a lens cloth to wipe it off but it now looks if I have wiped a coating off??? Before there was what looked like a purple tinge/coating on the view finder but now looks removed around the centre where I wiped with the cloth.Any ideas what I have done or can this be repaired???
That purple tinge may have been oil/sweat so I think you cleaned it. As for repairing it ask yourself one question... Does it affect the image? I bet your answer will be no so I would not worry about it, just wait until dust and crap gets in there lol