Let me have it.

Scott Murray

Ok this is a candid shot not posed and using only natural light....

Any critique good or bad (badder the better) is appreciated.

20151121-20151121-SHM_2145-Edit-Edit-Edit.jpg

mikew_RIP

You know my knowledge of portrait images:D to me it looks like a nice candid gab shot,the dislike i have is the framing,a bit off the right would look better to me as i dont like the way her back runs down.

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
To me, the black straps are very distracting. This means my eyes won't stay put on her face. Even when I try to look at her eyes, which is where they should stick, they are called by the black straps. Anything that contrasts with the subject and is outside the point of interest (eyes with a portrait) should be subdued enough not to distract.

Michael J.

Now much better except the black strip. looks like she is posing in her underwear (bra), but I have to add the she looks very beautiful and happy. Love the warm colors

Scott Murray

To me, the black straps are very distracting. This means my eyes won't stay put on her face. Even when I try to look at her eyes, which is where they should stick, they are called by the black straps. Anything that contrasts with the subject and is outside the point of interest (eyes with a portrait) should be subdued enough not to distract.
Not sure what I can do about the black straps :)

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
I tried removing them but I wouldn't post here since your profile states NO editing...

Well, I'm old enough to suffer your anger if it bugs you that I do, so here is my version.

test scott copy.jpg

Rick M

Ok this is a candid shot not posed and using only natural light....

First off, stop making excuses! :)

I like the second crop for all the mentioned reasons and don't care for the strap. As a candid it's great given your disclaimers, it is what it's supposed to be. Nice shot!

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Like some others mentioned, the crop looks much better than the original. What bothers me though is the highlights on her face seem to be blown a little too much--but maybe that's just me. It almost makes her face seem slightly soft (out of focus) although her hair definitely shows detail.