Which is better?

Bukitimah

This has always been the ultimate question by almost every buyer. I own a D5000 for the past 7 months and am still toying should I 'upgrade '?

Like everyone, I like to know if the model I choose is the best deal. This is not just confined to Nikon. for that additional feature, you need to pay that little bit more. Most times, that additional feature is good to have but may not be useful to you. Of course if you move up the ladder, the cost goes up too.

Inside the Nikon, you have the Sony. Fuji also uses Nikon body and lenses. Unless we customize the camera, they are about the same depending how much you willing to pay. I think we just need to know how much we are willing to pay a d then look for one within that budget with the features we want.

Sometimes, it is also peer's pressure. Just lime iPhone. I am still contemplating.

FoxRacer2

I guess it all depends on if you want different features in another camera such as Iso 100, built in commander, megapixels, ttl, etc etc.

I always wonder the same thing cause I own a D40. I mean the camera is great, but there's other features I want/that I could use that my d40 doesn't offer.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Just-Clayton

Its almost like buying a car. Its all in the features. I myself plan to buy another body. I saw some of the HDR photos on here and i want a camera that does bracketing instead of me doing it manually on my 3100. But, for now im satisfied with what ive got. That would be my reason to upgrade.

theregsy

As ever you see something new on a different model and sink into that "want one" LOL I have the old faithful D2x and the things that I will be looking for next time are higher ISO range and depending on budget and what is around maybe video, but after seeing what I could squeeze out of the D2x at a couple of gigs recently and what was being caught by a friends D700 the higher ISO would make a big difference. There is always something better! LOL

Last edited:

Curt

Well that will always be the case with electronics; they always come out with something better…lol. You just get a new computer and bang they come out with one with more ram, or a bigger hard drive. The same goes for cameras, you get one with 12 MP and then a few months later they come out with one with 16 MP. That way they keep you buying…lol.

Mike150

If it weren't for all the new gadgets and features, we'd never suffer from NAS. Also, they'd have to build lousy cameras that didn't last so long.

Curt

Well I don’t think Nikon builds any lousy cameras?
I have a D80 & a D200 that in my option are great camera bodies.
Although I have a new D7000 I still use the D80 & D200 often.
They don’t have all the up to date features my D7000 have.
But they still take great pictures J.
I just think people like to have the latest, great thing....lol?

Mike150

That was my point Curt. Nikon builds GREAT cameras. The features are what gets us coming back for more (NAS).

I've seen too many companies that build one simple product, and delibertely build in obsolescence. It is the only way they can you to come back and buy more later.

I have a D60. It is a simple camera with a moderate amount of features. I would be buying more and more but right now my OUTGO is outpacing my INCOME. At the current rate, S&P will be downgrading me to an AA+ rating also.

Mis Adam

There is one thing you can do, I dont know where you are from but renting camera toys can be fun. We have a Picture Line store here in Utah and they rent the goods you dont own and while its fun to upgrade you can always pay a small fee and keep it for a weekend, then you will know for sure if the upgrade is realy worth it. but then again that is there ploy to keep you coming back again and again.