Wanted: Battery grip for D800. Offering certain Nikkor lenses in trade

D200freak

Looking for a D800 battery grip.

I have a small variety of lenses I would like to offer in trade.

I'm not offering ALL of them as trade for one grip. That'd be kind of silly. I think.

But if any of these lenses interest you, let's see if we can make a trade involving it for the battery grip.

AF Nikkor 28-100mm f/3.5-5.6G "plastic fantastic" lens. This is a full frame lens. Works fine. Great condition. Super lightweight.
AF Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G Big brother of above lens. Full frame, works great, great condition.
AF-S Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G prime lens, great shape, I just don't use it much. I'm probably a fool not to want to keep it but
I need a battery grip more.
AF Nikkor 35-70mm f/3.3-4.5 full manual lens in very good condition. Nothing wrong with it, I just don't use it much.
Quantaray 28-300mm D zoom lens, autofocus requiring a focus drive shaft (D200, D800, etc) from the camera. Good condition,
grip band is a bit swollen but works. Really a pretty decent lens. Full frame.

Last edited:

Bill16

Best wishes buddy! I love my battery grips, even though these OEM grips I prefer are spendy! My D800E grip cost me $400.00, and then I spent even more for the D4 batteries and charger to take advantage of those bigger batteries the D4 uses! Lol :)

D200freak

I would definitely prefer the real Nikon product. I know that there are cheap copies available, but frankly I see no reason to trust them. I don't like buying junk.

BackdoorArts

I've got a Zeikos D800 grip that works perfectly with my D800. Don't use it much since it's been converted to IR, but it's not worth it for me to sell it - just recommending the brand. It works, which makes the Nikon grip an outrageously priced add-on.

D200freak

Yes, I have seen that Nikon is excessively proud of some of their accessories, which are duplicated by third party companies, sell for a tenth as much (or less), and are as functional as the Nikon part.

I investigated the idea of getting a wireless transmitter and if the battery grip's price is eye opening, the price of the wireless transmitter is absolutely stunning.

Is anybody making an aftermarket version of THAT?

Bill16

Hey buddy, did you find yourself a D800 grip yet? If so I have a like new L bracket for it I would trade if your interested. If I remember right it is a fittest brand, and I'm using a Kirk now so it is just collecting dust.:)

D200freak

Nah, nothing yet. I realize I could buy an aftermarket equivalent for chump change but I'm still hoping for the genuine Nikon grip at a fair price/trade.

Don't need an L bracket, sorry. I already have one which I use with my Atomos Ninja video rig.

Bill16

I think going for an OEM (genuine Nikon) grip is the way to go! At least it was for me, and I love being able to use D4 battery packs for extra long run time! Though I also love having my L bracket to shoot on a tripod in both landscape and portrait angles! :)

But I'm all for recommending going for what works best for you!:)

Nah, nothing yet. I realize I could buy an aftermarket equivalent for chump change but I'm still hoping for the genuine Nikon grip at a fair price/trade.

Don't need an L bracket, sorry. I already have one which I use with my Atomos Ninja video rig.

D200freak

I went with an aftermarket battery grip, and it works fine. Pretty decent quality, actually. Xit brand, fit and finish is quite good and well matched to the finish on the D800 or D810.

I won't trust its tripod socket. If it turns out to be too weak, that could lead to an expensive mistake. The heavy 14-24mm lens is usually attached and that would put a lot of stress on that tripod socket.

I now have a D810 as well, and for the 810 I WILL spring for the genuine Nikon grip. I got the camera cheaply enough to be able to spend more on the real Nikon grip.