What can I say is wrong with my D3100 so they will exchange it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BillySquire

My grandad is awesome. For graduation he brought me a D3100.

Here's the thing though, it was €600 and he lives alone. I can't accept this. He hardly has a lot of money and I would like to get my money back on it so I can give it him back.

The store said they would only accept a refund if the camera was faulty, but obviously it's not. How can I get around this? What can I say is wrong with it that will sound believable? That they wouldn't check.

fotojack

Your grandad gave you that camera for a reason, and I would accept it for the gift it is. He obviously loves you very much, and if you were to give him back the money, it would be as if you refused his gift. I'm sure if he couldn't afford it, he wouldn't have bought it for you in the first place. You can thank him for it by taking a lot of memorable pictures of you and him together. Remember.....memories are priceless, so make the most of that camera and make some memories together.
By the way, I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt on your story.

Last edited:

Browncoat

My built-in BS Alarm is going nuts here, so I deleted my original reply and will leave it at just this:

You're either trying to get cash by returning a stolen camera, or this thing really was a gift and you simply would rather have the cash. In the off chance that the camera really was a gift from grandad, enjoy it. He would be offended if you tried to return it.

In either of these cases, pleading on the internet for a way to violate store policies is going to get you nowhere. At least not here. We're not going to help you cheat the system.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.