Question on D750 Charger

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Today was the first time I pulled the charger out of the D750 box because I've been using the charger from my D610. The long cord that attaches between the charger and the wall isn't there. Did Nikon stop including that cord? The little plug that attaches directly to the charger is there so I can still charge my battery. I prefer the using the cord though. I'm guessing it's not included since the D610's charger was called the MH-25 and the D750's charger is called the MH-25A. Is that correct?

Horoscope Fish

Today was the first time I pulled the charger out of the D750 box because I've been using the charger from my D610. The long cord that attaches between the charger and the wall isn't there. Did Nikon stop including that cord? The little plug that attaches directly to the charger is there so I can still charge my battery. I prefer the using the cord though. I'm guessing it's not included since the D610's charger was called the MH-25 and the D750's charger is called the MH-25A. Is that correct?
That is correct, no cable... Just the stubby plug on the back. Think of it as, *cough*, "wireless charging". . :D

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
I remember that at some point I had lost my cord and ended up using my electric razor cord. I think they pretty well are interchangeable.

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
I remember that at some point I had lost my cord and ended up using my electric razor cord. I think they pretty well are interchangeable.

Umm...well...I don't shave my face, Marcel, but use a disposable razor for my legs. :shame: Lol, I'm sure you really wanted to know that info. ;)

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Umm...well...I don't shave my face, Marcel, but use a disposable razor for my legs. :shame: Lol, I'm sure you really wanted to know that info. ;)
WOW! you made my day :)
But what I meant is that it's just a power cord. you probably could shove the wire in the charger, plug it in and it would work. It's the adapter that does the voltage change to DC.

Kevin H

WOW! you made my day :)
But what I meant is that it's just a power cord. you probably could shove the wire in the charger, plug it in and it would work. It's the adapter that does the voltage change to DC.

Not sure where the cord is for a disposable :D

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
What irritates me so much is that I bought a charger from a forum member who turned in his D600 for a D610 but can't remember his user name. He forgot to include the cord but wound up mailing it to me separately. He also told me the name of that cord in case I wanted to go out and buy one. When I sold a few of my things, I sent the charger along not knowing Nikon would discontinue including that cord. I prefer using the cord over that stubby plug, but at least the stubby plug works. ;)

I have two chargers. one for the D7100 and one for the D7000. They use the same battery so either one works. One is the one with the cord and the other is the one with the stubby. Did not realise there was a way to put a cord on the stubby one other than an extension cord. Guess I need to go look again to see.

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
I have two chargers. one for the D7100 and one for the D7000. They use the same battery so either one works. One is the one with the cord and the other is the one with the stubby. Did not realise there was a way to put a cord on the stubby one other than an extension cord. Guess I need to go look again to see.

The original chargers used to come with both a cord and the stubby plug giving us the option to choose which to use.

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod

It's been a while since I started this thread. At some point, I think it was Adorama that listed the original Nikon cords on clearance sale so I bought a few. Turned out they weren't the original cords (which they confirmed after checking), but they said it wasn't worth having me return the cords so they told me just to keep them (and issued a refund).

So even though I really don't need any cords, my Canon MP620 all-in-one printer/scanner that I had for years had to be replaced. Turns out that cord is a 7A 125V like the Nikon charger cord. Thanks for letting me know that they can be interchanged, Marcel.

I have two chargers and use both on my set up. I found a second cord in my box of cables I never throw away that worked just fine. I have no idea what it came off of. Every time I throw away a broken or unused piece of equipment I can't stand to throw away any cables of any sort so they go into the box in storage. I am a cable hoarder.