Exporting after Post Processing

cichy1012

So do you all keep original size when exporting to save to a thumb drive or disk for the client? say from lightroom? Or do you save the edit as a tiff or jpeg?

If you are talking about Lightroom than you never lose anything. I export as a full size tiff first so if I every want to print then I have the best possible finished file to work from. I also take that file and export it to a different folder and this one is a jpeg and is 1000px on the long side and 72dpi and this file is for social media and for Nikonites

Fred Kingston

I don't wholesale export stuff unless I need it for something. The original NEF(RAW) file is saved... I might export that NEF a dozen different times for different reasons... for printing at different sizes, or resolutions... I don't export them just to "save" them...

Moab Man

Jpeg is going to be the best all around format for what you just described. Reason is that all imaging places will work with jpeg. However, most locations are not set up to handle tiff files.

For myself, when I am done working an image, I save it in a tiff in case I have to come back to it at some future date. I then save it as a jpeg in the size needed for my client.

From there, my clients are told where they need to go to have the images printed. I have a letter on file with them clearing them to print my copyright images. I am fortunate that other businesses will not (no guarantees) print copyright marked photos. This makes sure my images look like they are supposed to.

BackdoorArts

Full res JPEG is just fine for printing. TIFF is going to be much better if additional edits are necessary, but once you have it finalized 300dpi and Quality set to 100 is going to be no worse than TIFF, and a heck of a lot smaller.