DX0 Optics pro 8.5 and D5300

thequeenscheese

I tried to use dx0 Optics pro 8.5 today with a raw image from my d5300 it's the first time I've opened it in a while and with this camera it worked fine with my old d3200 but it is now saying the software is not compatible with my d5300, I presume the raw files are stored in the same way etc? so no idea why this would happen, any ideas?

Fred Kingston

Well... those programs contain a mini database of camera/lens characteristics... If the camera is NOT in that database, the program cannot perform the necessary lens/camera corrections. It's pretty common that newly released cameras aren't included. When that happens, those programs frequently respond by failing to start until an upgrade has been applied to add those new cameras.

That camera is supported in the current version of DXO and if you upgrade, it will work... The 8.5 version, as I recall was given away for free as a trial...

If you want, I'm sure that a DNG file will work. You can convert the D5300 NEF file to a DNG file using anyone of a couple DNG conversion programs, and then Edit the D5300 DNG file using version 8.5

Last edited:

Fred Kingston

You can download their current version from their web site, and use it as trial version, but the trial will expire in 30 days, and you'll have to pay for it if you want to use it after that.