Nikon SB600

I have been looking for a flash for my D3100 and the Nikon SB600 has been on my list but the price is high for just the casual use I would have for it. I just saw an ad for it for $199 and free shipping. Usually when something is to good to be true then it has a catch somewhere.

Flashes - Buy Here Photo - Nikon SB600 TTL AF Shoe Speedlight

USA warranty and everything. Has anyone dealt with this company before?

Last edited by a moderator:
To good to be true. Did a little research via Google buyherephoto.com complaints Seems they are not very nice. They show up in the ads on this site with great prices so beware.

Rick M

A little off topic but, I cringe whenever I read someone is considering buying from a questionable site for a "great deal". You might get your stuff and it might be fine and it might have been a good deal. But one thing for sure is they have your credit card number, billing data and security code. I would worry more about that than what you are buying. Pay a little more and go to a top notch retailer and you wont have to worry about if they are reputable.

As far as the flash, I think I'd save a bit longer for the SB700, comes with some nice defusers also. The SB400 is a good budget choice if your needs are just casual.

Last edited:

Curt

For around $50.00 you should take a look at the Godox TT 520.
I just got one and I really like it. I have both a SB 800 & SB 600' and I really think if you are just using a speed light once and awhile I would look at the TT 520. Take a look at my post with photos of it under flashes (Godox TT 520)).

FoxRacer2

Too good to be true...hmmm...lowest I've seen sb600 on amazon is like 310 lol

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Browncoat

OP has been edited, with link removed. I don't want this site adding any kind of credibility to a known scam source.

Claudia!

I am interested in the SB-600. I found a person selling heir sb-600. I looked on the nikon site as a references and it is discontinued. The man said he has only had it for 6 months. How much was it originally priced at? He priced it for 175. Do ya'll consider it to be a good flash? I have a d7000. Would this be an ideal flash? I plan to use it often but I want to make a smart purchase. I have searched on amazon and other sites. Overall it has very good reviews. I have seen it priced at about 300.00 more or less.

Sambr

I am interested in the SB-600. I found a person selling heir sb-600. I looked on the nikon site as a references and it is discontinued. The man said he has only had it for 6 months. How much was it originally priced at? He priced it for 175. Do ya'll consider it to be a good flash? I have a d7000. Would this be an ideal flash? I plan to use it often but I want to make a smart purchase. I have searched on amazon and other sites. Overall it has very good reviews. I have seen it priced at about 300.00 more or less.

It's okay - hold out for an SB700 much easier to use than the SB600

bluenoser

Banned

Well like Sam said, the SB700 is a nicer flash (although the 600 is very good) but it's also quite a bit more expensive. I will say that $175 is a more than reasonable price for the SB600.

fotojack

Think about why they're selling it if it's such a good flash. They want to get rid of it because it's so hard to use! They're going to put the money towards the much easier to use and better SB-700. If I thought the SB-600 was that good, i never would have sold mine. I was so glad I sold it and got the SB-700.

Phillydog1958

I currently have an SB-600, but I will eventually invest in a SB-700, because I need another unit for the sake of additional off-camera lighting. The 700 is a more up-to-date device and the user friendliness of the 700, out does the 600, but the 600 does have a slightly more powerful illumination. Compare the specs of both units.

fotojack

I'll take the ease of use over "slightly more powerful illumination" any day. Also, the SB-700 is good for both FX and DX cameras. The 600 is a good flash...don't get me wrong...but it's just not user friendly at all. It will certainly come in handy when you're using it for a 2 flash setup, no doubt about it.

silvertip

I ave used the SB600 a couple of times and also the SB800. I too was looking for a flash unit and settled for the 800. I am very happy with he unit, although I don't use it very often. I have not used the 700, but I would imagine that it is a nice unit.

Claudia!

the guy said he was selling it because he does not have time for photography anymore. He bought his equipment about 6 months ago. He is just trying to make some of his money back. I got him down to 150.00, which in my opinion is more than reasonable. I am skeptical about buying it. I feel more comfortable buying a product with a warranty. I am not to fond of stuff that is not user friendly. As well, the fact that the 700 is more up to date is a major factor. I just hate knowing that I can save more than half the money if I go with the 600. I am still deciding what to do. Thank you everyone for the feedback. It really comes down to a not so user friendly flash with a low price that is discontinued and no warranty versus a higher end flash that is more expensive that will come with a warranty and is user friendly. Tough choice.

Claudia!

just bought the sb700 today. I am very excited! Can't wait to learn everything about it and take great photos with it. Thank you everyone for the advice. I really felt like I made the right choice.