Letchworth State Park

tea2085

I took this picture and feel it has promise but I've been frogging around with it for 3 hours and have yet to make post processing adjustments that I like. Anyone care to show me what they would do for this photo? Paul

Attachments

• 142-3-4.jpg
    142-3-4.jpg
    236 KB · Views: 253

nikonpup

142-3-4 copy.jpg
reduced shadow - cropped - added a little saturation. i did not like the bridge (distraction). a couple on a walk on a nice fall day.

Blacktop

I took this picture and feel it has promise but I've been frogging around with it for 3 hours and have yet to make post processing adjustments that I like. Anyone care to show me what they would do for this photo? Paul

Sure. can you upload the RAW file somewhere like Dropbox where I could download it?

tea2085

Blacktop-If I can figure out how to do that, I will, thanks nikonpup, I like what you did and originally thought the bridge was important but now agree with what you say- and you did it with very simple adjustments. Great and thank you!

Blacktop

Blacktop-If I can figure out how to do that, I will, thanks nikonpup, I like what you did and originally thought the bridge was important but now agree with what you say- and you did it with very simple adjustments. Great and thank you!

Sign up for dropbox (you can use a throw away e-mail address if you're worried about getting a bunch of e-mails from them) .
Upload the RAW file to dropbox. (you get free 5GB of storage if I remember correctly)
Then, just paste a link here to the file and we can download it. It is very hard and futile to work with such a small file as this. Especially one that has already been processed.

If you were just asking for advice on composition or cropping, then it would be no problem.

SteveL54

SteveL54, very nice, can you tell me what you did? Paul

I just played around with the contrast a bit, then ran it through Perfect Effects. Landscape menu, then cropped.
I couldn't really do too much, working with a downloaded .JPEG

Last edited:

tea2085

Just-Clayton- what does "Similar to Nikonpup." mean? Excellent interpretation of my photo- how did you do that?I really like it!! Paul

tea2085

SteveL54
Thanks for telling me how you processed my photo. Did you notice I posted a dropbox version of my photo a few threads back. Paul.

Just-Clayton

When I processed the photo. I noticed it looked similar to Nikonpups adjustment. Didn't notice till I was done. I too took out bridge due to distraction. The way he processed it and the way I did turned out close to the same.

RobV

Personally, I like the bridge. It makes me wonder if this road leads to it.

Beautiful shot. Of the three examples so far, I like the dark one, best. I really don't care for the exaggerated colors in the two lighter ones.

I've only been on here a short while, and I am totally lost in my version of PS 2.0 (yeah, really!), so I am no expert on this subject. I just know what pleases my eye.

Blacktop

C'mon Blacktop- lets see what you can do with this photo (I bet a lot) Paul

I forgot all about this until you made the post in another thread.
Here is your original NEF file and then the one I processed in LR.
, and some contrast adjustment in NIK. This was mostly done in LR with Highlights reduced, shadows pulled and a few adjustment brushes for exposure, dehazing and such. I did sharpen it some, but I do kind of like the soft feel to it.

004.jpg

004-Edit.jpg

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
My take on it. Initially edited in Camera RAW and used the adjustment brush on some things then sent to PCC and did a little dodging.

004.jpg