D3200 Memory Access Lamp keeps lighting

dreew

Hello,

I have a problem with my D3200 camera. I've searched the internet to an answer but until now i still didn't find it. It is a problem with the memory access lamp but not the one you read about on the internet (Nikon Green Light of Death).

I have trouble with the lamp that, after shooting a picture, the lamp remains on until, 1) The battery runs out or 2) I remove the battery. Does anyone has had familiar problems? Once i noticed that the shutter is still closed (I can't watch through the viewfinder).

Can somebody help me, I've tried a lot and even de service center of Nikon couldn't help me until now.

Thanks in advance!

nickt

What have you tried? The usual things to try are:
1. format your memory card in-camera
2. format your card in your computer, then format in camera
If you don't want to try #2, just try a new card, formating it in-camera first

You say your shutter stays closed. The mirror up is what actually blocks the viewfinder. You say you only noticed the viewfinder being blocked once? You might have just accidentally taken a long exposure during that instance. With noise reduction, the viewfinder could be blocked for twice the exposure time. So if you snapped a 30 second exposure it would take 1 minute to finish.

So what is the usual symptom? You take a picture, then green light stays on? Then what? Is the camera tied up or can you continue taking pictures even though the green light stays on?