Just wondering why??

Kevin H

This pic of mine has gone nuts on the hunting/fishing forum's I belong too but not here?? is it really that bad I have guys wanting to buy prints

It is a nice photo but many people here take nice photo. Now on a hunting forum they shoot nice guns or bows and the good hunters eat well BUT most of them the only photos they shoot are from trail cameras. They don't get to see nice deer photos like yours.

Kevin H

I was a hunter big time now I just hunt with the camera parts I do like about it are the early morning fog and his stature telling me he was boss

cwgrizz

Challenge Team
This is the first I saw it. I like it, but as you know people have preferences to what they like. This as has been stated above is probably the case. Sell them prints. Sounds like a good deal to me. Ha!

Blacktop

This is a big forum with lots of images uploaded every day. There is no possible way that everyone can follow eveyone that uploads images, let alone comment and give a like on evey image.

Another thing is, that there are a lot of good shooters here that can take a shot like that without much effort, other than getting up early in the morning and driving out to the forest.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Daz

Like has been said, it harks to their emotion and passion.

If you can make money off it go for it !! I think it would look sweet as a metal print !!

Scott Murray

It is a great image I find you get more response if the image targets the audience which in this case it targets the hunters and their passion. I do find that on photography sites it's more of a "that's a great image" and we most get ideas regarding it. I for one enjoy all the images posted on here but do not always get to comment in time due to reasons etc travelling or getting side tracked. Do not feel bad as it is a great image and a lot of people would be very interested in it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

BackdoorArts

My wife snapped a photo of an 8 pointer that was hanging out at our bird feeders with her Galaxy 2 camera phone, digital zoom liberally applied. 3 different hunter friends asked if they could get a print of it (I couldn't get it to look like anything but crap even at 4x6). Hunters are more enamored with the beast than anything else.

Which brings me to my point. Subject specific internet forums are filled with people who want to give their opinions about everything they know - and don't know - about the subject at hand. Compliments are only handed out when someone has proved themselves more capable than the writer, and even then they'll backhand it by telling you what you could have done to make it better or what they did that was similar. Doesn't matter if it's photos, guitars, cars, it's the bloviating about the subject that matters. But go off topic and people get quite normal. Talk something other than photography here and people don't feel the need to express opinion and can just talk. Put a photo on a hunting site and they see what you saw instead of wondering if you went too low contrast, should have rotated left a degree or so and/or should have done something to reduce the clutter distraction in the foreground.

It's taken me a few years to realize that I can't care when others don't care about something I've done, under-appreciate it or even criticize it in ways I think are BS. I've learned to weight the opinion based on the reputation of the person. When their voice tends to emanate from the back of their pants more times than not then I need to let a-holes do what a-holes do. Free speech has its drawbacks, and hiding behind a computer can make things far less like real life conversation.

As for your shot, it's a majestic capture. But here's how I would have made it 200% better. First ...

;)

Roy1961

Contributor
first time seeing for me too Kevin, great picture, love the pose of him checking to see whats out there.

Looks even better when you enlarge it.

Roy1961

Contributor
as an after thought to your original question, i have posted pictures on here which i thought where just super duper shots, never got one like, then post other shots which to me where just mediorce and they got alot of likes, go figure eh?? i suppose its all in what other people see if they see it at all.