Compact Flash Card problem

helen

Hi, I have a D200 and the screen flashes up "No Card Present" even though Ive had the same card in my camera for the last year & hasn't been taken in or out. It reads E for empty on the screen. I inserted another flash card and its still reading No card present. The pins look fine and anyway it was working last week. Any ideas would be much appreciated. Thanks, Helen

mikew_RIP

Welcome to the forum,it could be the pins need a bit of a clean if the same card has been in for a year,taking the card out and replacing may form some sort of cleaning action.

helen

Thanks Mikew.

Needles all cleaned with a blower brush & don't appear bent. I already tried inserting a different flash card, which made no difference.

Horoscope Fish

Hi, I have a D200 and the screen flashes up "No Card Present" even though Ive had the same card in my camera for the last year & hasn't been taken in or out. It reads E for empty on the screen. I inserted another flash card and its still reading No card present. The pins look fine and anyway it was working last week. Any ideas would be much appreciated. Thanks, Helen
And both of these CF cards read/write just fine in other devices, like your computer or another camera? That's the first thing you need to know for certain. If these cards work elsewhere, but not in your camera, you may be looking at a repair.

A cleaning can't hurt but I'm doubting it will help... I mean, it's pretty hard for contacts to get dirty with a card residing in the slot designed for it. Still, it needs to done even if only to rule out the possibility of dirty contacts.

mikew_RIP

@helen

The reason i wondered if it could be a contact problem is have you ever had your TV remote stop working and solved it just by rotating the battery's in it.