Shutter Speed or Lighting?

ChrisAdams21

I have just bought a CoolPix P610 as I will be enjoying some travelling in retirement.

I wanted a camera with AV, a good zoom, goodscope for a beginner but not too complicated.

I took some pictures on Auto and variousother settings during late afternoon I am experiencing what I think is ghosting.It looks like time lapse …there were several staggered images in each photo andthey were blurry.

I also took photos of the recent lunareclipse and experienced the same thing although I tried different settings.

Please can anyone advise? I think it is allrelated to shutter speed and lighting but as a beginner with this type ofcamera and only having used ‘click and go’ cameras before I am a bit lost.

Q9WqKjVi2kqGc1A8BBgBx9lKkQ9OikQAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

Blacktop

I have just bought a CoolPix P610 as I will be enjoying some travelling in retirement.

I wanted a camera with AV, a good zoom, goodscope for a beginner but not too complicated.

I took some pictures on Auto and variousother settings during late afternoon I am experiencing what I think is ghosting.It looks like time lapse …there were several staggered images in each photo andthey were blurry.

I also took photos of the recent lunareclipse and experienced the same thing although I tried different settings.

Please can anyone advise? I think it is allrelated to shutter speed and lighting but as a beginner with this type ofcamera and only having used ‘click and go’ cameras before I am a bit lost.

Read upon the exposure triangle. It will answer a lot of your questions.

Learning about Exposure - The Exposure Triangle - Digital Photography School

Bob Blaylock

Go have a look at this other thread. I'd bet your problem is exactly the same—you're probably using a slow shutter speed, and not holding the camera steady enough for that speed.

BackdoorArts

Manuals are your friend - read them, I just did. There's a mode called Multi-Shot 16 that captures a burst of up to 16 images and combines them as a single frame. Page 67. ;)