Annoying popup!

fotojack

I'm really getting tired of that "Research" popup! Friggin' annoying! I keep saying no to it, and 10 minutes later, up it comes again! Is there no way to get rid of this thing? I'm ready to scream here!

Rick M

I don't see it much because I use IE, maybe you should switch, or maybe I'm too dumb to know what it is and it's there all the time?

bluenoser

Banned
Then why am I getting it all the time?

Could it be because you're special? ;)

Edit: Do you have "Adblock Plus" or other ad blocking extensions/add-ons loaded up on your FF? (they aren't included automatically). Not sure if this has anything to do with it or not however I do run FF 5.0 with a Adblock and a variety of other Adblock extensions.

Last edited:

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Using Safari on Mac and only saw it once. Maybe you've accidentally downloaded "PopUp Magnet" ;)

PhotoAV8R

Now I'm getting multiple popups per page. They are ads, cover the posts and attached photos. Of course, they don't cover any of the other ads on the page. They can't be moved and there is no "X" anywhere to get rid of them.

Very annoying and enough to discourage even visiting the site.

jdeg, I know you have to get support for the site, but (IMHO) this is bad.

fotojack

Could it be because you're special? ;)

Edit: Do you have "Adblock Plus" or other ad blocking extensions/add-ons loaded up on your FF? (they aren't included automatically). Not sure if this has anything to do with it or not however I do run FF 5.0 with a Adblock and a variety of other Adblock extensions.

I'm actually running FF 6, and yes, I do have AdBlock running. I'm still getting that annoying Research thing popping up every time I log onto Nikonites.

Mike150

As soon as I get my camera out it goes away, story of my life :)

On a PC, pressing <ALT> PrtSc at the same time should capture the active window into the clipboard. Of course, I am assuming that when it pops up, it becomes the active window. You can then create a file in Photoshop or Paintshop and then paste the clipboard into the picture.

this is the one I get all the time. popup.JPG