thanks.

Just-Clayton

I have been on here for only a little while. From this sight i have learned to take different photos due to the weekly challenge. thats why you see some pictures show up after the challenge. I have learned great techniques by reading other posts. Got good and bad reviews on the pictures i put on critique(only a few so far). Im not afraid to hear "What were you thinking", "Try this or that" OR the deaded " That Sucked!" so dont be afraid to tell me. Right now im looking into some classes either on line or at my local college to learn more about ISO, Apeture, Etc... So thank you for letting me be a part of this group. It has pushed me to do more and try more.

Browncoat

Don't forget to look for local photo groups, there won't be any shortage of them in NY. I would argue that working side by side with other photographers is an experience far more valuable than anything you'll glean from a textbook!

bluenoser

Banned
I have been on here for only a little while. From this sight i have learned to take different photos due to the weekly challenge. thats why you see some pictures show up after the challenge. I have learned great techniques by reading other posts. Got good and bad reviews on the pictures i put on critique(only a few so far). Im not afraid to hear "What were you thinking", "Try this or that" OR the deaded " That Sucked!" so dont be afraid to tell me. Right now im looking into some classes either on line or at my local college to learn more about ISO, Apeture, Etc... So thank you for letting me be a part of this group. It has pushed me to do more and try more.

Kudos. That's the perfect attitude to adopt and will allow for a great learning experience! :)

Just-Clayton

I do have a couple of photographers im setting up with to do Weddings. Its also nice to be a mailman and to get to know a lot of people. So, I get a lot of advice from novice to pro photographers. I even get asked how I did certain shots to get the effect. So im on the right path. Right now my job slows me down to do a lot of this.. There is a 4 year plan behind this. in 4 years my last child will have graduated. My wife and i are going to downsize the home. I will have put 25 years with the Govt. My plan is to retire from the post office, get a part time job during the week and leave the weekends for my photography. I want to have some enjoyment in my life and carrying mail till Im 60 isnt my form of enjoyment.

Sgt Preston

i work for a doctor, he asked if i would take some pictures at his daughters wedding, in addition to the pro photographer, as he likes my pictures that i have shared with him and co workers. Liking the dr. i said sure would be happy to. i get to the wedding 30 minutes early to check lighting, and conditions, as i have never done this before. :( . No photographer, he did not show up, so i did my first wedding solo.
I did pre wedding, wedding, post, wedding, wedding dinner, dance, cake cutting. Took over 700 pictures in addition to an 18min video of the ceremony. delivered pictures yesterday on three dvd's. Family very happy so i guess i did good. question is what to put in a portfolio as far as pictures?

KWJams

The best way to take pictures at a wedding is when the pro gets all the cats herded into position then sneak in and get the shot like this one I took at my son's wedding last year. :)

small_082.jpg

I barely had my camera for a month and still was learning about light etc.

KWJams

No problem Jack, I was just learning when I took that shot.
Notice how well behaved they were all posed for by the pro guy, and what a great opportunity it presented to me. ;)

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Being the "Pro" for wedding photography mean one has to be an entertainer to keep them smiling and looking at the camera. People skills are as important as photography skills when it comes to taking pictures of people.