Using the remote control

Nikonewbie

Just so I understand the manual correctly; the only way you can use the RC is "remote on duration" is that correct. I cannot just grab the remote and just aiming at the camera and push the remote shuttle button? I have to set the "remote on duration" first correct?

slippers84

Remote on duration sets the time in which the remote release mode stays active. If you have it set for 5 mins, it will revert back to single shot or continuous after 5 mins

Sent from my SGP511 using Tapatalk

I haven't used the remote on the 3200 as of yet, but... Im gonna guess single... Because, I like to have mine set to continuous, (simply because, even on continuous you can still take single pics) but.... Every time I set my 3200 to continuous and I turn it off, it reverts back to single....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slippers84

Do you take the battery out when not in use? I always leave mine on continuous and it stays on that even when off for a few weeks

Sent from my SGP511 using Tapatalk

weebee

I find the IR remote too hard to use. You have to aim it towards the camera. And the range is way too short. For me, anyways, I went with the Yongnuo RF-603N triggers. Fantastic range and they are 2.4GHz. Not IR. And, you don't need to worry about this remote timing out when it is needed the most.

eidian

Try out the Nikon app (I have the original Moto X), it's pretty stable and has better range than the IR remote.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

They have an adapter for around $50... (About $35 for refurb)
For the 3200, works awesome!!! Can even download pics to smart phone shortly after to share if you like...

They actually came down in price...
eac4c4132d913eb763e28dab772561f2.jpg