Sigma os 17-70mm dc f2.8-4 nikon hsm

odotgraphx

Hey everyone!

Sorry if this has been brought up by anyone else, but I am considering the purchase of the SIGMA OS 17-70MM DC F2.8-4 NIKON HSM and I have been doing some research on it. I have come to find some mixed reviews though. The main thing that comes up is the bad AF. Do any of you have any experience with this lens?

Cheers!

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
I don't have the lens, but if you're not worried about the average AF and you prefer the $1000 price difference over the Nikkor equivalent (17-55mm f2.8), I would go for it.

You should also check out the Tamron 17-50mm, Sigma 18-50mm, or Nikkor 16-85mm

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
I have the Tamron and am very happy with it. I just did a few un-scientific test shots and it's sharper than my 16-35 f4 Nikkor and my 35 f2 prime Nikkor.

Peekcha

I just got my sigma 17-70 and I love it. Focusing is fairly fast and accurate. OS works just as good as VR. Build quality feels great but its on the heavy side. Pretty sharp and good in low light. I say if you can't afford the nikon 17-55, get this lens.

odotgraphx

I ended up getting the Nikon 17-55. I found an amazing deal on it used! Other then a stiff zoom ring from 17-30, this lens is incredible!