Corel After Shot Pro 2

adot45

I saw a thread here from over a year ago that mentions Corel After Shot Pro 2.....I'd just like to know if anyone has tried a current incarnation of it?

(No, I can't do the trial.....seems ASP2 was part of another trial program I tried (for about 10 minutes) before realizing that it was way above my skill set and un-installed it. So now when I d/l ASP2 and installed it, I get the message, "Your trial has ended"

Anyway, back then the guy didn't hate it and I just wondered if anyone has used the current version.

adot45

Photomatix Essentials

Photomatix.jpg

Corel After Shot Pro 2

corel ASP 2.jpg

Not drawing any conclusions here unless it would be Photomatix is much easier to use than ASP2. I will say the fog is lifting a little with the Corel product though.
I just used the presets in each of these pictures and just picked the one I liked the best. Both used the same three .NEF files to make the HDR image.

LouCioccio

You should look at AfterShot Pro3 I was disappointed that it did not have a camera profile for my D500 but worked well with D7000 files. Well they have the camera profile for the D500 see link. For those not familiar they have a 30 day trial you can use. To my observation I started with the original software from the fellows in Austin it was called Bibble Pro. The neat thing is they wrote in all OS flavors so going from Linux to the Mac version was the same. Now I come from Adobe Bridge and Photoshop but stopped at the rental; so I was looking at alternative. I have Acorn5, Pixelamator and Photo Ninja but they had some good and bad points for work flow. I was looking for something like Lightroom and Bibble/AfterShot Pro that I kept going back to them. As for workflow and this was the first time I used ASP3 with the D500 for a children's beach party picnic.
Not sure if this was the right way as I tried two ways to find the quickest. I developed in ASP3 and saved the TIF after opening in PSCS5 then after five images I figured it was faster to go ASP3 save the TIF and remain in ASP3 tim I was done. Then open several tif's in CS5 do any tweaking tim I was done. Since these were casual snaps no need for any plug-ins; after finishing ran the Image Processor script (it will ignore the NEF's ) but bulk the tif's to jpegs for printing or uploading.
The lay out is similar to Lightroom and Adobe Bridge for navigating. It looks like to me I will stay with it. Here is what ASP3 and CS5, no flash not sure if the EXIF is there.
Lou Cioccio
DSC_1743_edit.jpg