Nikon D3200 Autofocus problem

GPKballero

Hello everyone!

I got a couple of months ago a D3200 and I never had any kind of problems. I have two lenses, the AF-S Nikkor 18-55 mm VR and the AF-S Nikkor 55-200 mm ED VR. Since a couple of days, I've been having this issue whenever I try to take pictures. When I use the viewfinder the camera doesn't autofocus, and I don't hear any motor lens sound. But when I use the Live Viewfinder mode the lens works without problem and the autofocus works perfectly. This happens with both lenses. I have checked the Autofocus option in the lenses and the Rangefinder option in the menu and both are set in auto mode. I don't think the problem might be the camera, maybe I changed some settings or something. I appreciate the help. Thank you guys very much

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Welcome!

If you think you might have changed something, check your menu for RESET and try that. If that doesn't work, contact Nikon. Your camera should be under warranty if you got it a couple of months ago.

adot45

Hello, and Welcome to Nikonites.

Try going into the shooting menu, 2nd screen, 3rd entry down, "AF-Area Mode. Hit "OK" and then select Viewfinder or Live View.....see if that helps.