MacBook Pro questions

Deuce808

And the acquisitions continue...

I recently bought a Trigger Trap set up for my d7000, and aside from initial trial and error with bramping I've found that creating a time lapse in Windows Live Movie Maker on my PC renders a file that is unreadable on my iPad. Normally I post to my social media straight from camera to iPad and use only the editing tweaks on IG if any at all.

If if I buy a MacBook Pro, most likely a used 13" with 320-500gb storage and 4-8gb ram, and use Final Cut plus photoshop, would that let me create files useable across all my Apple devices without the need for conversion software? I'm just looking to smooth out the work flow.

Thanks

Mooseknux

I've been using Macs solid now since 2011 and started out with a 13" MBP. What i really noticed with task hogging apps like PS and FCP is that you're going to want to max out your RAM from the get go, normally on these laptops it's 16gigs. I now use a 27" iMac 5k with 32gigs of RAM and there are still times I wish you could add more RAM to the machine. You shouldn't have any problems creating and viewing content across multiple devices. Hope this helps

RocketCowboy

I agree, don't go the 4GB route or you'll probably find yourself wishing for more RAM quicker than later. 8GB would be the minimum I would go with; 16GB being ideal.

skater

I'm pretty sure recent Macbooks don't allow you to add RAM any more; it's soldered into the motherboard - if that's correct, definitely max out on purchase.

RocketCowboy

I'm pretty sure recent Macbooks don't allow you to add RAM any more; it's soldered into the motherboard - if that's correct, definitely max out on purchase.

Definitely the case for MacBook Airs and Retina MacBook Pros. My simple rule of thumb ... if it still includes a CD drive, you can probably upgrade memory, at least on the laptops.