Hi from Australia

Lyn

Hello,

I've followed this forum for a while and I like it. I'm in the process of buying a new DSLR, mostly for flowers and birds.

mikew_RIP

I'm looking for a DSLR for birding and macro. Maybe D7100 or D7200 or a D300. The D300 are nicely priced nowadays.

Going to risk getting shot here by the D300 fans:D it is a great camera of its time,still very good for loads of things but the D7200 is streets ahead in sensor technology if nothing else.

Lyn

Going to risk getting shot here by the D300 fans:D it is a great camera of its time,still very good for loads of things but the D7200 is streets ahead in sensor technology if nothing else.
Thanks Mike, I certainly will have a look at the D7200.

Ironwood

Welcome from Mackay Lyn.

I have the D7100 and like it, but if I was buying now, I would opt for the D7200 if the extra money wasn't an issue. The slightly better low light performance would be a bonus.

RocketCowboy

Howdy Lyn and welcome to Nikonites!

I've got to agree with @mikew ... even while only having a D7100 myself, at first blush I think the D7200 would be the best fit with longest life in it before you start getting the urge to upgrade.

Lyn

Thanks for all your friendly welcomes.

I did have a look at the D7200. I expected a articulated lcd-screen, so it surprised me a bit that it is fixed. That's a bit of a point for my flower photography.