sensor cleaning

fripple

Does anyone use the wet sensor cleaning method? I was curious as to how difficult it was. I've seen some videos on youtube and it really didn't look that hard if you had all the right cleaning supplies. Reason I'm asking is that I believe that I have something on my sensor. I shot a photo of the sky and I can see little particles in the upper left corner and in the middle.

I didn't know if this was dust or the oil issue that I've been reading about for the D7000.

dust? | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

ohkphoto

Snow White
I have to clean my sensors on a regular basis because of where I shoot and because I change lenses. I start by cleaning everything on the outside and in the chamber. Sometimes using the dust blower takes care of it. I only use the wet method if the dry doesn't work. I use VisibleDust products. It isn't difficult but you must use specialty products to be safe. Your average q-tip is not good.

gqtuazon

Gear Head
It looks like specs of oil to me on the upper left corner. You can usually see them at smaller aperture using a white background or blue sky. Never use a cotton swab since it will likely introduce lint. I have been cleaning my own sensors using the wet swab method. It's fairly easy. Always change lenses with the camera pointed down just like what the manual recommends. Here are some examples of dust that I experienced with my camera.

gw_169a.jpg

theregsy

Been using the wet swab method for a while and not had any difficulty, although I did forget to clean my S2 after swapping out the sensor, that is really dusty! LOL