first 2 months with my D3300: skate life

Bob Blaylock

All of the images were taken in full manual mode. I could not tell you what settings I was using because I just shoot and adjust until it looks how I like.

The settings are stored in the EXIF data in each picture. In fact, since you've put them on Flickr, you can easily see these settings there. Just open up one picture, scroll down, you'll see a picture of a camera, along with a bit of text stating that it was a D3300; and below that, the other main settings. There's also a link that you can click, to display all of the EXIF data.

Untitled.jpg

Alas, many of my pictures are lacking any valid EXIF data about the lens settings, due to my frequent use of three very, very old non-AI, non-CPU lenses, which don't communicate any such data to the camera. That's why many of my pictures have EXIF data which claim that the focal length was 0.00mm and the aperture was ƒ/1.0—those are just the default values that my camera fills in when it doesn't get valid values from the lens.

Last edited:
The settings are stored in the EXIF data in each picture. In fact, since you've put them on Flickr, you can easily see these settings there. Just open up one picture, scroll down, you'll see a picture of a camera, along with a bit of text stating that it was a D3300; and below that, the other main settings. There's also a link that you can click, to display all of the EXIF data.

View attachment 180168

Alas, many of my pictures are lacking any valid EXIF data about the lens settings, due to my frequent use of three very, very old non-AI, non-CPU lenses, which don't communicate any such data to the camera. That's why many of my pictures have EXIF data which claim that the focal length was 0.00mm and the aperture was ƒ/1.0—those are just the default values that my camera fills in when it doesn't get valid values from the lens.

wow! thanks for the info. this is very helpful. I most likely never would have noticed