Indian Dance Recital - Colours galore

aroy

My cousin sister's troupe had a function a couple of days back. I shot a lot of images, as she wanted an independent view. There were a couple of professionals and a video crew also.

The show, to say the least was a colourful event. Here a few shots. All shots taken with D3300 and the 35mm F1.8 DX at F1.8. I was far enough for the whole stage to be in view, that is why there are no close ups of the performance. Post performance I got nearer. The recital was in a few act, each one lasting 5-10 minutes.

Act 1. Performed with a netting in front for projecting scenery.

HSC_0535.jpg

HSC_0536.jpg

HSC_0537.jpg

HSC_0538.jpg

HSC_0540.jpg

Last edited:

aroy

Rest of the acts I will post later. The site is monotonically slowing down. The last post took over 5 minutes to load.

gustafson

Nice shots! I noticed that most exposures were at F/1.8, and shots at 1/320s or faster were consistently sharp, but slower shutter speeds were occasionally blurry due to movement of the subjects.

Newbie questions:
- What shooting mode were you in? (I'm guessing Aperture Priority at F/1.8, but realize that could be forced in P or M modes also).
- Were you using a tripod?

Thanks!

aroy

Nice shots! I noticed that most exposures were at F/1.8, and shots at 1/320s or faster were consistently sharp, but slower shutter speeds were occasionally blurry due to movement of the subjects.

Newbie questions:
- What shooting mode were you in? (I'm guessing Aperture Priority at F/1.8, but realize that could be forced in P or M modes also).
- Were you using a tripod?

Thanks!

. Aperture Priority
. Initially tried ISO 400/800, but then realised that 100 with -1EV exposure compenstaion was sufficient for most shots
. Handheld, from about 12 rows from the stage
. Spot metering, as Matrix was over exposing the highlights