Wireless or cord trigger remote

Nikonite1222

Hi There-

Can anybody tell me what are some good cord and wireless trigger remote. Please note that I don't want to spend over $50.00 either way. So,,,if you know from experience on either one of these kinds of items,, I would love to hear your recommendations on them,,or complaints if that's the case.

Thanks for taking the time.

Sincerely- Doug

Last edited by a moderator:

Browncoat

Oh geeze, they must be recruiting. I sure hope they're paying you two clowns a commission. :rolleyes:

Just in case you want to avoid buying from overseas, check out the Cactus v5. I used to use the previous version, Cactus v4, and they worked great too.

And, if you're feeling saucy, nothing beats the PocketWizard Plus II.

fotojack

According to Nikonite1222, he states....and I quote..."Please note that I don't want to spend over $50.00 either way".
So......this clown suggested a cheaper alternative to the Cactus v5/Cactus v4.......both of which are flash triggers, at $65 and $46 respectively. I took it to mean that Doug wants a camera remote trigger.....hence the suggestion. The Pocket Wizard, while capable of doing both, comes in at $169.......out of his budget. Back to you, Anthony. :)

Browncoat

Oops. I totally read that wrong, haha! In that case, have a look at the Nikon ML-L3. $20 for a branded remote, but it does work with a limited number of models, so hopefully yours is one of them. Otherwise, I suppose just this once, it's okay to order from LinkDelight.

You might also want to check into smartphone apps.

Berkerk

My advice if buying a wireless shutter release is to ensure that both the receiver and transmitter use standard batteries (AA or more likely AAA) and not expensive proprietary ones. Also make sure to order the right connector for your camera model (lesson learned).

Nikonite1222

O.K. fotojack and Anthony,,,do I need to separate you two ??? Cause I will turn this car around,,,,(LOL),,how many time have we heard that as a kid ???

Seriously,,thanks for all your suggestions, they were great, and fotojack,,,thanks for the link to the Linkdelight website,,,that is just awesome !!!

I appreciate all your help.Talk to you all soon !!!

Douglas

Nikonite1222

Another question now that i have thought about this.

I love HDR Photography, and as we all know, you need to take multiple exposures, so does a cordless or a corded remote trigger work well for that kind of shooting ???? is one kind better than another ???

Any experiences you know of would be great to know about.

Thanks- Doug

Rick M

When I shot HDR exposures I just use a tripod and the built in self timer, but the remote looks like a nice option.

PhotoAV8R

It shouldn't matter, really.

The reason for the remote is to avoid camera shake and either method will minimize that. If you have neither, consider that the (radio) wireless is more versatile, while the corded remote is cheaper. Of course, if it's an option for your camera, the Nikon IR wireless is cheaper still, but limits your positioning.

BWTHDIK...

Browncoat

Just about anything you're going to be shooting HDR is going to be stationary anyway. Unless you're shooting in low light, there's really not much of a need for a tripod or remote just for the sake of HDR.

Rick M

Just about anything you're going to be shooting HDR is going to be stationary anyway. Unless you're shooting in low light, there's really not much of a need for a tripod or remote just for the sake of HDR.

Unfortunately, the D3100 does not auto bracket so some of us need a tripod for HDR :(.