Olympus firmware upgrade

DerekC

Yes its an upgrade, they are adding somethings which have been introduced on the E-M10 MKII and E-M5 MKII and some more. It doesn't add anything to improve the E-M1 poor C-AF performance.

Rick M

Yes its an upgrade, they are adding somethings which have been introduced on the E-M10 MKII and E-M5 MKII and some more. It doesn't add anything to improve the E-M1 poor C-AF performance.

There already was an upgrade for C-AF on the EM 1 and it worked extremely well!

DerekC

There has been firmware upgrade for C-AF when used with high continuos shooting. 9fps. If you ready the Olympus e-group forum there are many pages about the issue. I have used a E-M1 since launch used it with 4/3rds and m3/4rds lens. Tried every type of setting but the C-AF performance is not very good. Some people have got better results using the camera in portrait mode, but this is a compromise not a solution. E-M1 struggles to acquire focus and doesn't always hold it. I have tried it on Motorsport and aircraft. The C-AF on E-5 was better. Sold all my 4/3rds lens bought a D3s and a couple of lens best thing I have done. Still got E-M1 as a light weight walk around camera where C-AF is not critical. Love the camera but C-AF and high ISO performance doesn't cut it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rick M

I found it worked well, but as you stated, in High continuous. That being said, not as good as my nikon D610, everything has it's pro's and con's!

P1240115.jpg

P2010029.jpg

P2280042-2.jpg

P2280049.jpg

Rick M

It is pretty amazing what oly does through firmware, it's almost a completely new camera! Sorry, but Nikon is left in the dust when it comes to firmware upgrades (real upgrades).