white background correction and jewelry gold tone

odedidush

Hi ,
I took photo of pair of earrings on a stand made from canvas and at his background there is white page background in light tent with appropriate lighting.
What needs to change in Lightroom in order that the background will be uniformly white? What also needs to change in Lightroom in order to get a uniform tone of gold at the earrings?

The picture was taken with a Nikon D5200, Aperture-f/8, shutter speed -1/60, ISO = 125, EV = + 1.66, Metering = Spot, RAW.
i control the camera with NKremote software from my laptop.
I have Lightroom cc.

Thank you guys for your help .

Attachments

• Earings.jpg
    Earings.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 94

WayneF

More camera exposure. Or now, just lower the White Point some.

wht2.jpg

The large peak in the histogram is all the white pixels, not quite white. More exposure would make them white. Or lowering the white point well into them makes them be white. I went pretty far here, to 198, just for the effect. It clips the white, losing all detail in the white. Here there is a slight pink cast, which should be corrected too.

This tool is Adobe Levels (Photoshop and Elements), but it's just a standard histogram tool, in several editors. The free Faststone editor has one.

It is the same effect as increasing camera exposure. Or for pictures with a separate background (a few feet back), the norm is to provide another light just for the background, to make it brighter, to be white.

odedidush

Hi 0117.jpg,
i got the best results for my opinion when i pass with the brush with maximum exposure=4 on the white background and brush of 0.17 on the darkness upper areas on the earnings .
what do you think now ?

WayneF

Looks good. It is the white background that causes the camera meter to underexpose. White will underexpose, black will overexpose. So at the time of exposure, you can check result, and add maybe a couple of EV of plus exposure compensation to fix it, or maybe more, whatever it takes.