Files corrupted.

RON_RIP

Went to print a photo that a friend sent to me and that I hd edited to tweak it for her and discovered that the file had been corrupted. Red highlights were showing in the light areas of the photo and blue highlights were showing in the shadow areas. I seems to be correctable but it takes a great deal of fiddling to repair them. At least half of my photo in all of my project libraries were affected. I edit in Aperture. Anyone out there hear of anything like this happening? I am Baffled.

Horoscope Fish

Went to print a photo that a friend sent to me and that I hd edited to tweak it for her and discovered that the file had been corrupted. Red highlights were showing in the light areas of the photo and blue highlights were showing in the shadow areas. I seems to be correctable but it takes a great deal of fiddling to repair them. At least half of my photo in all of my project libraries were affected. I edit in Aperture. Anyone out there hear of anything like this happening? I am Baffled.
Not sure about Aperture but in Adobe Camera RAW when you see that it's an indicator of blown out highlights (shown in red) and/or blown out shadows (shown in blue). It doesn't affect the final image, it's just the software telling you it has found blown out pixels.

RON_RIP

Thanks guys. As stated I can tweak the editing until these highlights disappear, but what baffles me is that the aperture software has never done this before. What could have changed?
Anyway, it could be a tool that lets me improve my photos. Am I to understand that these highlights would not show up in a printed version should I decide that I deliberately want to retain that over or under exposures?

Scott Murray

Thanks guys. As stated I can tweak the editing until these highlights disappear, but what baffles me is that the aperture software has never done this before. What could have changed?
Anyway, it could be a tool that lets me improve my photos. Am I to understand that these highlights would not show up in a printed version should I decide that I deliberately want to retain that over or under exposures?
Try this video

[video=youtube;_KzL3R1oyC0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=_KzL3R1oyC0[/video]

RON_RIP

Try this video

[video=youtube;_KzL3R1oyC0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=_KzL3R1oyC0[/video]
Absolutely excellent Scott. It tells why this is happening and gives a 2 slider adjustment that improves the photo without the fiddling about that I was doing. This is exactly why I follow this forum so closely. I may never be a great photographer but I get to hang with some. Thanks again and stay away from the Buffalos.

Scott Murray

Absolutely excellent Scott. It tells why this is happening and gives a 2 slider adjustment that improves the photo without the fiddling about that I was doing. This is exactly why I follow this forum so closely. I may never be a great photographer but I get to hang with some. Thanks again and stay away from the Buffalos.
No worries mate, and I will 'try' to stay away from buffaloes ;)