Learning LR and PS

canuck257

My first attempt at this workflow. I opened this in LR, did the Highlights, Shadows, White and Black thresholds, Lens correction and added a little Clarity and Vibrance. Then exported to PS and ran the High Pass filter and the Shake Reduction filter. Then back to LR for fine tuning the White and Black threshold and a little Noise reduction before saving. What else could/should I do and is this a reasonable workflow?

IVA_3146-Edit.jpg

Blacktop

My first attempt at this workflow. I opened this in LR, did the Highlights, Shadows, White and Black thresholds, Lens correction and added a little Clarity and Vibrance. Then exported to PS and ran the High Pass filter and the Shake Reduction filter. Then back to LR for fine tuning the White and Black threshold and a little Noise reduction before saving. What else could/should I do and is this a reasonable workflow?

View attachment 177466

Can't tell without the original shot. You may have done too much however. The most important part of post processing, IMHO is to know when to stop.

mikew_RIP

When working on a bird in flight its often possible to get the contrast fringe,look at the leading wing edge,often this is no problem but sometimes it is and this is one way to remove it.

Just did a quick job on this one.

IVA_31.jpg