Nikon 28-105mm-D

Blacktop

Just got this lens . It arrived tonight so I don't have much in images yet.
One thing I was curious about was the 1/2 macro capabilities of this lens.

it supposed to get .05X magnification at closes focus distance. I was not disappointed. It does this between 50-105mm with a "macro switch". I attached two shots.
The first is a non macro at the closest focusing distance of 1.7Ft and the second with the "macro switch" on at 0.7 feet.

Please forgive the High ISO of 18,102. I'm in low lit room, as to not wake up Mrs Blacktop.

_DSC2378.jpg

_DSC2379.jpg

480sparky

I have one of these as well. But the helical is all screwed up and it's stuck in Macro mode at 50mm. So I use it to whack with a hammer to demonstrate how durable lenses are and you don't need filters to protect them.

Last edited:

Blacktop

That looks like a really cool walk around lens. I would imagine it would compliment a 70-300mm or even better a 150-600mm well. Keep posting images and your thoughts on this lens please, I'd really like to learn more about it. Come to think of it, it would be a great lens for my wife to use with her F80 to replace her 28-80mm kit lens.

Is this the same lens? NIKON AF NIKKOR 28-105mm f3.5-4.5D macro zoom lens 0018208019717 | eBay
Hi @Elliot87!
Yes, it is the same lens. I will keep posting images. probably more on the weekend. .

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk