Polarizing Filters

tea2085

How often do you use polarizing filters in your landscape shots. When do you use them and when do you shoot without a filter? Just ordered one and am not sure when I should use it. Paul

Horoscope Fish

How often do you use polarizing filters in your landscape shots. When do you use them and when do you shoot without a filter? Just ordered one and am not sure when I should use it. Paul
I rarely, if ever, shoot outdoors without a CPL. The only time it comes off if is I need the extra stop I lose by using it or if I know I'm going to be shooting indoors.

Don't forget to adjust the filter for prevailing conditions, however. Very important.

tea2085

Fish, what adjustments do you make- I'm assuming it involves turning the filter to certain settings, but I don't know! Paul

Rick M

I tend to use them when shooting above 24mm, wider and you may get an uneven color in your sky. Good to see another central new yorker!

RocketCowboy

I usually use them anytime I'm outdoors, unless I'm in Santa Fe. In Santa Fe, the sky is so blue naturally, when I use a CPL the result looks over processed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tea2085

Thank you guys- good advice. Rick. I just looked at your images and all I can say is wow. I really liked them all but my fave was the one of the Cathedral. You're much more accomplished than the level I'm at. It is really a great hobby. Paul